The other day something happened and it suddenly dawned on me that I wanted to leave South Africa and start up a life somewhere else. Seeing that I've gone back to studying, I've still got a little while before I can up and leave. Trying to list English speaking countries, only 5 options came to mind - USA, Australia, UK, New Zealand and Canada. Hmmmm I little surprising seeing that it's the most widely spoken language in the world. (I'm sure that I'm missing a few?) Most of Europe can speak English but it's not their first language. The first place that came to mind was the New York city. Call it Hollywood brainwashing, but for some reason, it appeals to me. I enjoy the fast-paced city living. The other option was Los Angeles - A little closer to home weather. Never having been to America, I'm not quite sure what it's like. Watching CNN, there seems to be a constant hype about the "War in Iraq" which I wish they would just get over. In South Africa there is very little restrictions on civil liberties. Maybe this has to be seen relative to other countries? Maybe an expat South African would like to comment? The other option, Australia? Well, they're a bunch of yobs and they drink beer! It think that we'll get along well!

|

0 comments


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More