Hmmmm. looking back now, there's been quite a gap between the last post. Not that there were that many though... I just haven't had time to work on this. I haven't been able to decide the nature of my blog and without some sort of guidelines, I suppose this is just a random collection of stuff. Probably not too interesting then. And at the end of the day it would be pretty pointless if there was no interest in it. I've decided to focus on technologies and tech-related news, probably including some of the stuff I'm working on.

To start with I came across a blog called WebKEW by Marshall Brain. His blog mainly concerns making money through advertising. I could definitely do with some extra cash - as could everybody, I'm sure. I doubt that a single simple blog is going to turn me into a millionaire over night - And to honest, that's not the reason I'm doing this. But I've been trying to collect some of the projects I've been working on, finish up a few things and publish them. His blog makes for interesting reading for anyone interested in doing a “web businesses” or anybody with a well read blog for that matter. Over the next few weeks I plan on setting up a Linux/Tomcat web server and hosting it at home. This will serve as a platform for testing some of my projects and any other server related work. I want to attempt setting up a distributed web server with failover and load balancing. At the moment I'm just trying to bring everything together in one place. I've got a Google pages web site - if that's what you call it? It functions mainly as a hosting place for some of my stuff until I decide what to do with everything.

My Web Site

As always this "playing around" is subject to time availability so we'll see how that goes.

|

0 comments


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More